attrition

attrition by wive

little ones
burn the breeze
is this all night will be
anchor mask
spoiled seed
finally it comes for me
call me out
breathing fists
all the stars aligned for this
brought of wrath
scars will pass
from the skin through this path

lonely ghosts
of books we wrote
will never need to be seen
plight of days
so filled with graves
i never meant something lovely
felt of grace
my hollow face
could always break so endlessly
come on child
the distant miles
could not merely set us free

still is scene
scorn of we
attrition danced on playfully
i believe
I'm deceived
my hope paints me darkly
scatter stones
nothings shown
the lie of "all i own"
colonial kiss
killing fields
watch what fear will wield

sum songs add wrong
come calm, black faun
kiss her once, kiss her once for me
all the ravenous
cannibals come home
come on back, come on back for me

No comments: